Introducing the Classic Carryall Handbag & Tote by Andrie Designs! This is the first pattern in the new Andrie Designs Classic Collection – an ongoing collection of patterns designed to be simple and quick to construct, yet effective and classic in design. They will be patterns designed for all types of makers, whether you make to sell or simply sew for pleasure.
The Classic Carryall Handbag & Tote pattern comes in two sizes – Handbag size and Tote Bag size. It features simple piecing, a vertical outer zipper pocket on the back, a full zipper closure along the top and an inner zipper pocket as well.
It also features box corners, shiny hardware including optional bag feet, and straightforward construction techniques, making this bag a quick and easy sew.
This pattern comes with two files – the pattern instructions/pieced pattern pages, and a large print pattern pieces file suitable for printing at your local print shop on the correct sized paper. It has 10 pages of clear, detailed instructions. It is suitable for an advanced beginner sewer. All pattern pieces have been digitally drawn. Wary of zippers? Don’t be! Throughout the pattern I give detailed and comprehensive instructions and diagrams to make adding the zipper/s an easy and stress-free experience.
The finished sizes of the Classic Carryall Handbag & Tote are as follows:
HANDBAG SIZE –
- Width – 8” (20cm)
- Height – 10 3/4″ (27cm)
- Depth – 5” (13cm)
TOTE BAG SIZE –
- Width – 10”(25cm)
- Height – 12 3/4″ (32cm)
- Depth – 6”(15cm)
- Outer panels (i.e. quilting cotton) – up to 3/8yd (36cm; depending on size chosen)
- Contrast panels (i.e. quilting cotton) – up to 1/4yd (23cm; depending on size chosen)
- Lining (i.e. quilting cotton) – up to 1/2yd (46cm; depending on size chosen)
- Pockets – Inner & Outer (i.e. quilting cotton) – up to 3/8yd (36cm; depending on size chosen)
- Handles, Handle Connectors & Zipper Tab (i.e. quilting cotton) – up to 1yd (91cm; depending on size chosen)
- By Annie’s Soft and Stable Foam Interfacing (or equivalent foam) OR Fusible Fleece (i.e. Pellon Thermolam 971F, Vilene H640) – up to 36″ x 17″ (91cm x 43cm; depending on size chosen)
- Light-Medium Weight Fusible Interfacing (i.e. Pellon Shapeflex SF101, Legacy Shapeflex L-SF101) – up to 1 3/4yd (1.6m, based on a 40″/100cm width; depending on size chosen)
- Optional: Plastic for base of bag (i.e. flexible kitchen chopping mat) – up to 9 1/2″ x 6″ (24cm x 15cm; depending on size chosen)
- 4 D-Rings – Handbag: 1″ (2.5cm) size, Tote Bag: 1 1/2″ (3.8cm) size
- 4 Swivel Hooks – Handbag: 1″ (2.5cm) size, Tote Bag: 1 1/2″ (3.8cm) size
- Optional: Bag Feet (1/2″ (1.2cm) size) – Handbag: 4 required, Tote Bag: 5 required
- Optional: Firm Fusible Stabilizer (for bag feet) (i.e. Pellon’s Peltex #71F, Legacy #71F) – 3″ x 3″ (8cm x 8cm)
- Coordinating Zippers – Handbag: 1 chunky/long pull zipper 16″ (40cm) long and 2 dress zippers 6″ (15cm) long; Tote Bag: 1 chunky/long pull zipper 18″ (45cm) long, 1 dress zipper 6″ (15cm) long and 1 dress zipper 8″ (20cm) long
- Coordinating thread, scissors and general sewing supplies including fabric glue/tape.
To see all the amazing tester bags, click here.
For pattern sets click here.
Andrie Designs Copyright 2017
All Rights Reserved
– Do not copy this pattern, claim as your own or allow others to use it.
– This pattern may be used for personal and small businesses producing limited quantities only.