Introducing the Adventure Time Backpack by Andrie Designs! This awesome backpack pattern is an easy to follow backpack PDF to design and make your very own Adventure Time Backpack. Whether it be for your children, grandchildren, teens, or even yourself, you are bound to find exactly what you need within this pattern.
This backpack pattern comes with several options, allowing you to make a full ‘works’ version, or keep it simple and make a basic, yet equally impressive, backpack as well. The options include piping, outer side pockets (perfect for drink bottles), outer front zipper pocket, inner zipper pocket and inner slip pocket (designed to carry books, papers and even laptops/tablets!).
This pattern includes two files – the pattern and directions, and a large print pattern pieces file. It has 19 pages of clear, detailed instructions. Depending on the options chosen, it can be suitable for an advanced beginner sewer looking for a challenge. All pattern pieces have been digitally drawn. Wary of zippers? Don’t be! Throughout the pattern I give detailed and comprehensive instructions and diagrams to make adding the zipper/s an easy and stress-free experience.
The finished sizes of the backpack are as follows:
- Width at base 11″ (28cm)
- Height 13″ (33cm)
- Depth 5 1/2″ (14cm)
- Width at base 12 1/2″ (32cm)
- Height 15″ (38cm)
- Depth 6″ (15cm)
- Outer fabric (i.e. quilting cotton) for body, straps, inner slip pocket – up to 1 1/4yd (1.1m)
- Contrast fabric (including base) – up to 3/8yd (36cm)
- Lining fabric (including zipper tabs, zipper pockets etc) – up to 1 3/8yd (1.3m)
- Piping fabric (cut on the bias) – 1yd (91cm)
- Mesh/knit fabric (for outer side pockets) – up to 17″ x 15″ (43cm x 38cm)
- Light-medium weight fusible interfacing (i.e. Pellon Shapeflex SF101, Legacy Shapeflex L-SF101) – up to 2 1/2yds (2.3m) based on a 40” (100cm) width
- By Annie’s Soft and Stable foam interfacing (or equivalent foam) OR fusible fleece (i.e. Pellon Thermolam 971F, Vilene H640) – up to 1 1/8yd (102cm)
- Firm fusible stabilizer (i.e. Pellon’s Peltex #71F, Legacy #71F) – 1 1/2” x 3” (4cm x 8cm)
- Coordinating zippers x2 – DRESS – up to 9″ (23cm)
- Coordinating zippers x 2 – CHUNKY/LONG PULL – up to 26″ (66cm)
- Elastic 1/4″ wide – up to 14″ (36cm)
- Piping – cotton cording – 3/32” size (2.5mm size)/size 00, up to 6yds (5.5m) long (or 6yds/5.5m of premade piping)
- 1 magnetic snap – 3/4″ (18mm) size
- 2 strap adjusters – 1″ (25mm) size
- 1″ (25mm) webbing – 40″ (102cm) long
- Coordinating thread, scissors and general sewing supplies.
For pattern sets click here.
You can read a fantastic blog post by The Little Bird Designs here.
Andrie Designs Copyright 2016
All Rights Reserved
– Do not copy this pattern, claim as your own or allow others to use it.
– This pattern may be used for personal and small businesses producing limited quantities only.