Introducing the Classic Clutch by Andrie Designs! This is the second pattern in the Andrie Designs Classic Collection – an ongoing collection of patterns designed to be simple and quick to construct, yet effective and classic in design. They are patterns designed for all types of makers, whether you make to sell or simply sew for pleasure.
The Classic Clutch comes in two sizes – Mini and Maxi – and has been created to give you a practical clutch that still has that ‘wow’ factor. It features box corners, shiny hardware and straightforward construction techniques, as well as simple piecing, a full zipper closure along the top and an inner zipper pocket as well.
This pattern has 11 pages of clear, detailed instructions. It is suitable for an advanced beginner sewer. All pattern pieces have been digitally drawn. Wary of zippers? Don’t be! Throughout the pattern I give detailed and comprehensive instructions and diagrams to make adding the zippers an easy and stress-free experience.
The finished sizes of the Classic Clutch are as follows:
MINI SIZE –
- Width – 6″ (15cm)
- Height – 4 3/4″ (12cm)
- Depth – 2″ (5cm)
MAXI SIZE –
- Width – 7″ (18cm)
- Height – 5 1/4″ (13.5cm)
- Depth – 2 1/2″ (6.5cm)
- Outer Panels – Front & Back (i.e. quilting cotton) – up to 26” x 5” (66cm x 13cm) (depending on the size chosen)
- Contrast Panels (i.e. quilting cotton, cork, leather, vinyl etc.) – up to 12” x 10” (30cm x 25cm)
- Lining & Zipper Pocket (i.e. quilting cotton) – up to 22” x 14” (56cm x 36cm)
- Wrist Strap, Wrist Strap Connectors & Zipper Tab (i.e. quilting cotton)- up to 14” x 12” (36cm x 30cm)
- By Annie’s Soft and Stable Foam Interfacing (or equivalent foam) OR Fusible Fleece (i.e. Pellon Thermolam 971F, Vilene H640) – up to 24” x 9” (61cm x 23cm)
- Light-Medium Weight Fusible Interfacing (i.e. Pellon Shapeflex SF101, Legacy Shapeflex L-SF101) (NOTE: based on a 40”/100cm width) – up to 1/2yd (45cm)
- 2 D-Rings – 1” (2.5cm) size OR 1¼” (3.2cm) size
- 1 Swivel Hook – 1” (2.5cm) size OR 1¼” (3.2cm) size
- Coordinating Zippers – 1 chunky/long pull zipper- 10” (25cm) OR 12” (30cm), 1 dress zipper – 5” (13cm) OR 6” (15cm)
- Optional – 3 Rivets (for wrist strap & connectors) 6mm size
- Coordinating thread, scissors and general sewing supplies including fabric glue/tape.
To see all the amazing tester bags, click here.
For pattern sets click here.
You can purchase the hardware kit for this pattern from Betty Box Pleat and Bobbin Girl.
Andrie Designs Copyright 2017
All Rights Reserved
– Do not copy this pattern, claim as your own or allow others to use it.
– This pattern may be used for personal and small businesses producing limited quantities only.
Karen Eriksen (verified owner) –
Love the style and fun to make
Dawn (verified owner) –
Beautifully designed and written pattern. Love this bag design!
Denise (verified owner) –
Easy pattern to follow, incredibly versatile so each bag can be unique & beautiful! Love Lisa’s patterns!
Kellie Frazier (verified owner) –
I absolutely loved this pattern. The instructions were well written an easy to follow.
Pam Sutey (verified owner) –
I had to have the Classic Clutch pattern because the Classic Carryall is one of my favorite totes! Both are fun to make, giving us so many fabric options. 🙂
Chris Lucas (verified owner) –
Great little clutch to sew. I’ve made several of them now and love having fun with it and changing things up each time to create a totally different look.
Brenda Scott (verified owner) –
Such a great pattern. I’m making some for stocking stuffers this year!
Georgianne Renella (verified owner) –
Very easy to sew. Great pattern instructions too. Loved making this and the Classic Carry All Flexi Clutch. Will make more to sell.
coleen.curtis (verified owner) –
A gorgeous little clutch, great pattern to follow, a joy to make.
mscharette (verified owner) –
A very well written pattern, easy to follow. Such a versatile little bag with lots of option for customizing for each person you make them for. Great pattern! ??
Hjordis (verified owner) –
I had a blast doing a wonder woman version of this bag for my sister. It worked up quickly and was super practical.
deqld (verified owner) –
Love this pattern! Comes together quickly and is so adaptable. Have made both sizes
Audrey (verified owner) –
Love this pattern! Much easier to make the first time than I expected. I don’t have much patience with confusing directions – these directions are excellent!!! And of course, each time I make this it is even easier! Which happens because it is a fantastic pattern to make in so many different ways.
Michelle Hayes (verified owner) –
Adorable little clutch. So many options to change the look. Pattern was clearly written and easy to follow.