Introducing the Classic Clutch by Andrie Designs! This is the second pattern in the Andrie Designs Classic Collection – an ongoing collection of patterns designed to be simple and quick to construct, yet effective and classic in design. They are patterns designed for all types of makers, whether you make to sell or simply sew for pleasure.
The Classic Clutch comes in two sizes – Mini and Maxi – and has been created to give you a practical clutch that still has that ‘wow’ factor. It features box corners, shiny hardware and straightforward construction techniques, as well as simple piecing, a full zipper closure along the top and an inner zipper pocket as well.
This pattern has 11 pages of clear, detailed instructions. It is suitable for an advanced beginner sewer. All pattern pieces have been digitally drawn. Wary of zippers? Don’t be! Throughout the pattern I give detailed and comprehensive instructions and diagrams to make adding the zippers an easy and stress-free experience.
The finished sizes of the Classic Clutch are as follows:
MINI SIZE –
- Width – 6″ (15cm)
- Height – 4 3/4″ (12cm)
- Depth – 2″ (5cm)
MAXI SIZE –
- Width – 7″ (18cm)
- Height – 5 1/4″ (13.5cm)
- Depth – 2 1/2″ (6.5cm)
- Outer Panels – Front & Back (i.e. quilting cotton) – up to 26” x 5” (66cm x 13cm) (depending on the size chosen)
- Contrast Panels (i.e. quilting cotton, cork, leather, vinyl etc.) – up to 12” x 10” (30cm x 25cm)
- Lining & Zipper Pocket (i.e. quilting cotton) – up to 22” x 14” (56cm x 36cm)
- Wrist Strap, Wrist Strap Connectors & Zipper Tab (i.e. quilting cotton)- up to 14” x 12” (36cm x 30cm)
- By Annie’s Soft and Stable Foam Interfacing (or equivalent foam) OR Fusible Fleece (i.e. Pellon Thermolam 971F, Vilene H640) – up to 24” x 9” (61cm x 23cm)
- Light-Medium Weight Fusible Interfacing (i.e. Pellon Shapeflex SF101, Legacy Shapeflex L-SF101) (NOTE: based on a 40”/100cm width) – up to 1/2yd (45cm)
- 2 D-Rings – 1” (2.5cm) size OR 1¼” (3.2cm) size
- 1 Swivel Hook – 1” (2.5cm) size OR 1¼” (3.2cm) size
- Coordinating Zippers – 1 chunky/long pull zipper- 10” (25cm) OR 12” (30cm), 1 dress zipper – 5” (13cm) OR 6” (15cm)
- Optional – 3 Rivets (for wrist strap & connectors) 6mm size
- Coordinating thread, scissors and general sewing supplies including fabric glue/tape.
To see all the amazing tester bags, click here.
For pattern sets click here.
Andrie Designs Copyright 2017
All Rights Reserved
– Do not copy this pattern, claim as your own or allow others to use it.
– This pattern may be used for personal and small businesses producing limited quantities only.