The Classic Carryall Handbag & Tote is the first pattern in the Andrie Designs Classic Collection and is a beautifully simple, yet classically styled, handbag and tote bag pattern available in two sizes. It features box corners, shiny hardware and straightforward construction techniques. Click here to find out more.
Out of stock
Learn to sew a Classic Carryall Handbag or Tote with Andrie Designs!
Are you keen to learn more about bag making? Do you enjoy meeting other like-minded sewists? Would you like to get the inside scoop on some tips and tricks to improve your bag making skills? Do you prefer step-by-step lessons that really break the process down so you get a full understanding of not only ‘how’, by ‘why’ as well?
If you answered yes to any of these questions then this two day class is for you! The Classic Carryall Handbag & Tote is the first pattern in the Andrie Designs Classic Collection and is a beautifully simple, yet classically styled, handbag and tote bag pattern available in two sizes. It features box corners, shiny hardware and straightforward construction techniques. You can find out more about the Classic Carryall Handbag & Tote here.
Classic Carryall TWO DAY class details are as follows –
- WHEN: Thursday, 13th and Friday, 14th July 2017 (NOTE: this is a two day class, meaning you will work through your Classic Carryall over two consecutive days).
- WHERE: Voodoo Rabbit Fabric, Shop 1 / 466 Ipswich Road, Annerley QLD 4103
- TIME: 9:30am to 4:00pm (both days).
- LEVEL: This class is suitable for a beginner sewist with at least some basic sewing knowledge and experience, including having made at least one or two bags. If you would like a free copy of my beginner pattern – the Polly Cross Body Pouch – to practice on, simply sign up to my mailing list here!
*** Been in the bag making game a little while and feel this class would be too slow for you? Great news! This pattern is also available as a one day class and you can find the listing here. ***
Class options –
- CLASS ONLY: Select this option if you already have a copy of the Classic Carryall Handbag & Tote pattern.
- CLASS + PDF PATTERN: Select this option if you would like a PDF copy of the pattern put in your Andrie Designs account following your purchase.
- CLASS + PAPER PATTERN: Select this option if you would like a paper copy of the pattern mailed to you following your purchase. Pattern will be sent by registered post.
What’s included in the class –
- Expert instruction on the construction of the Classic Carryall, including tips and tricks not included in the pattern, spread over a leisurely two days.
- Two wonderful days spent in a gorgeous fabric store surrounded by like-minded people.
- Laughs… Lots of laughter and fun!
- Goodies from both myself and Voodoo Rabbit Fabric.
What to bring to class –
- Your sewing machine
- The Classic Carryall pattern with all pattern pieces cut and fused, ready to sew
- General sewing supplies
A detailed ‘what to bring’ list will be sent following your purchase.
Hardware and interfacing kit –
- Kylie from Voodoo Rabbit Fabric has set up a hardware and interfacing listing for this pattern which you can find here.
Places are strictly limited and expected to fill up fast so don’t wait too long to secure your spot! Please feel free to contact me via the Contact page if you have any questions regarding this class.
Purchasing more than one class? Feel free to use the coupon code LEARNWITHANDRIE at the checkout to save 10% off your order!
“I had a wonderful day with Lisa from Andrie Designs and the other ladies learning to sew the Cleo Everyday Wallet. The class format made it easy to learn and follow the pattern, but most of all it was a fun day. I will definitely be booking another class with Lisa.” – Jacqui
“Even though I have sewn almost all of the Andrie Designs patterns, I have participated in 2 of Lisa’s bag-making classes, and had a terrific time! She is very understanding of the different ways that people learn, and so rather than taking the group step by step through the pattern like a sew-along, she allows each person to move through at their own pace and offers one-on-one support when required. She is generous with her knowledge and answers all questions with a lot of good humour, patience and the catch-cry ‘trust the process’. ? Of course, this is because her patterns are so well written and easy to follow. For anyone who is looking for an informative, fun day of sewing, I would highly recommend booking into Lisa’s classes if you get the opportunity.” – Paula
“I attended Lisa’s Cleo Wallet class recently at Voodoo Rabbit. I thoroughly enjoyed my day with a lovely bunch of ladies. Lisa stepped me through the pattern and the process step by step and this was a truly wonderful sew. It was amazing how it all came together and at times I was worried and Lisa just told me to ‘trust the process’. It was like magic. I use my wallet everyday and I have received so many compliments. I can definitely see myself making more of these. Thank you Lisa for a lovely day and a great pattern.” – Stacey
Terms and conditions:
Full payment is required to secure your spot in the class; once payment has been received by Andrie Designs, your spot will be guaranteed. Should you need to cancel your spot in the class for any reason, a full refund, minus a 10% administration fee AND the retail price of the pattern type you have chosen (PDF or paper), will be available until two (2) weeks prior to your class, after which NO refund will be given. If Andrie Designs or Voodoo Rabbit Fabric decide to cancel the class for any reason, a full refund will be given.
Andrie Designs Copyright 2017
All Rights Reserved
– Do not copy this pattern, claim as your own or allow others to use it.
– This pattern may be used for personal and small businesses producing limited quantities only.