USD $7.48 – USD $10.49
An easy to follow sewing pattern to create your very own Creative’s Tote. This large sized tote bag has been specifically designed with the creative maker in mind. It comes with several pocket options, both inside and outside the tote, allowing you to completely customise it to suit your needs. Whether it be for sewing, knitting, arts and crafts, or simply to carry your books and belongings in on a daily basis, the Creative’s Tote is bound to meet your needs, and then some!
Introducing the Creative’s Tote by Andrie Designs! This ‘design your own’ tote bag pattern will step you through each and every stage of designing and creating your very own Creative’s Tote.
The Creative’s Tote is a large sized tote bag that has been designed specifically with the creative maker in mind. It comes with several pocket options, both inside and out, allowing you to completely customise it to suit your needs. It also comes with both a handles option and a shoulder strap option as well.
Whether it be for sewing, knitting, arts and crafts, or simply to carry your books and belongings in on a daily basis, the Creative’s Tote is bound to meet your needs, and then some!
This pattern comes with two files – the pattern instructions/pieced pattern pages, and a large print pattern pieces file suitable for printing at your local print shop on the correct sized paper. It has 11 pages of clear, detailed instructions.
Wary of zippers and piping? Don’t be! Throughout the pattern I give detailed and comprehensive instructions and diagrams to make installing the zipper/s, and/or adding the piping, an easy and stress-free experience. This pattern is suitable for an advanced beginner sewer. All pattern pieces have been digitally drawn.
The finished size of the Creative’s Tote is as follows:
- Width at base – 13” (33cm)
- Depth – 5” (13cm)
- Height in centre – 15” (38cm)
Materials Required (NOTE: fabric requirements below cover TOTAL quantities for ALL options):
- Fabric for the outer (e.g. quilting cotton) – 5/8yd (58cm)
- Fabric for the lining (e.g. quilting cotton) – 5/8yd (58cm)
- Fabric for all outer pockets (e.g. quilting cotton) – up to 3/4yd (69cm)
- Fabric for all lining pockets (e.g. quilting cotton) – up to 1yd (91cm)
- Fabric for the handles, strap and piping (e.g. quilting cotton) – up to 1¾yd (1.6m)
- Light-medium weight fusible interfacing (i.e. Pellon Shapeflex SF101, Legacy Shapeflex L-SF101) – up to 3½yds (3.2m) based on a 40” (100cm) width
- By Annie’s Soft and Stable Foam Interfacing (or equivalent foam) – 5/8yd (58cm)
- Firm Fusible Stabiliser (i.e. Pellon’s Peltex #71F, Legacy #71F) – 3” x 6” (7.6cm x 15cm)
- 4 magnetic snaps (2 to close tote, 1 each for Main Lining Pockets) – ¾” (18mm) size
- 6 rectangular rings (4 for Handles, 2 for Shoulder Strap) – 1½” (3.8cm) size
- 1 slider (for Shoulder Strap) – 1½” (3.8cm) size
- 2 coordinating dress zippers (for Inner Zipper Pockets) – 10” (25cm) length
- Cotton cording – 3/32” size (2.5mm size)/size 00, 2¼yds (2m) long (or 2¼yds/2m of premade piping)
- Fabric glue/wash away tape, coordinating thread, scissors and general sewing supplies.
For pattern sets click here.
Andrie Designs Copyright 2017
All Rights Reserved
– Do not copy this pattern, claim as your own or allow others to use it.
– This pattern may be used for personal and small businesses producing limited quantities only.