An easy to follow sewing pattern to create your very own Summer Lovin’ Beach Tote. This extra large sized tote bag is perfect for a trip to the beach, easily holding four beach towels, drink bottles, snacks, sunscreen, magazines and so much more!
With several pocket options both inside and out, you can easily customise this pattern to suit your needs. Enjoy!
Say hello to the Summer Lovin’ Beach Tote by Andrie Designs! This extra large tote bag pattern is just what you need to carry ALL those vital things like towels, sunscreen, drinks, snacks, magazines etc. when heading to the beach!
The Summer Lovin’ Beach Tote has several options included which enable you to really customise the bag to suit your specific needs. These options include –
- Carry handles
- Cross body strap
- Smaller outer pockets on the front
- Large outer pocket on the back
- Smaller outer pockets on the sides
- Recessed zipper closure
- Hidden pocket within the recessed zipper closure
- Internal divider
- Several inner zipper pocket sizes to choose from
The possibilities really are endless with this pattern! You might only love big pockets and so could switch out the two smaller outer front pockets for a second large outer back pocket! You might NOT want a divider on the inside of the bag – just leave it out! Love zipper pockets? With the different sizes included in the pattern, you could easily mix and match the inner zipper pockets to create just the right combination of pockets to suit your needs!
Why not make it as an overnight bag or a gear bag for sports meets? Or a sewing/crafting bag for retreats! Soooo many possibilities… 🙂
The pattern contains 24 pages of clear, detailed instructions. It is suitable for an intermediate sewer. All pattern pieces have been digitally drawn. Wary of zippers? Don’t be! Throughout the pattern I give detailed and comprehensive instructions and photos to make the addition of zippers an easy and stress-free experience.
The finished size of the Summer Lovin’ Beach Tote is as follows:
- Width 20″ (51cm)
- Height 16″ (41cm)
- Depth 10″ (25cm)
- Outer fabric (i.e. quilting cotton):
- Main body – ¾yd (0.75m)
- Pockets – 1yd (1m)
- Recessed zipper panel – 3/8yd (36cm)
- Bias, connector tabs, handles, cross body strap and inner pockets – 1½”yds (1.5m)
- Inner fabric (i.e. quilting cotton):
- Lining – 1yd (1m)
- Divider – 3/8yd (36cm)
- Light-medium weight fusible interfacing (i.e. Pellon Shapeflex SF101, Legacy Shapeflex L-SF101) – 6yds (6m) based on a 20” (50cm) width
- Firm fusible stabilizer (i.e. Pellon’s Peltex #71F, Legacy #71F) – 20” x 10” (50cm x 25cm)
- By Annie’s Soft and Stable foam interfacing (or equivalent foam) – ¾yd x width of foam (0.75m)
- O-rings x 4 – 2” (5cm) size
- D-rings x 2 – 1½” (3.8cm) size
- Swivel hooks x 2 – 1½” (3.8cm) size
- Slider x 1 – 1½” (3.8cm) size
- Coordinating #5/chunky/long pull zipper x 1 – 24” (61cm) long
- Coordinating dress/all purpose zippers:
- Recessed zipper panel hidden pocket x 1 – 8” (20cm)
- Inner pockets x 2 – 10” (25cm)
- Inner pocket x 1 – 8” (20cm)
- Fabric glue/wash away tape
- Coordinating thread, scissors and general sewing supplies.
For pattern sets click here.
Andrie Designs Copyright 2016
All Rights Reserved
– Do not copy this pattern, claim as your own or allow others to use it.
– This pattern may be used for personal and small businesses producing limited quantities only.