Introducing the Shades of Yesterday Tote Bag by Andrie Designs! This is an easy to follow sewing pattern designed to step you through creating a beautifully pieced tote bag (which looks far more complicated than it really is!). The outer front panel is constructed with a series of beautifully curved pieces, allowing you to play around with a collection of coordinating (or contrasting!) fabrics.
The Shades of Yesterday Tote Bag features a recessed zipper closure, two zipper pockets (one inner and one outer), and an adjustable cross body strap as well.
This pattern comes with two files – the pattern instructions/pieced pattern pages, and a large print pattern pieces file suitable for printing at your local print shop on the correct sized paper. It has 11 pages of clear, detailed instructions. It is suitable for an advanced beginner/intermediate sewer. All pattern pieces have been digitally drawn. Wary of zippers? Don’t be! Throughout the pattern I give detailed and comprehensive instructions and diagrams to make adding the zippers an easy and stress-free experience.
The finished size of the Shades of Yesterday Tote Bag is as follows:
- Width – 9 1/2” (24cm)
- Height – 9 1/4” (23.5cm)
- Depth – 2 1/2” (6.5cm)
- Outer Front Pieces A-F (i.e. quilting cotton; see breakdown below) – total of 3/8yd (35cm)
- Outer Back & Outer Gusset (i.e. quilting cotton, cork, vinyl, leather) – 1/2yd (46cm)
- Strap & Strap Connectors (i.e. quilting cotton) – 1¾yd (1.6m)
- Recessed Zipper Panel & Zipper Pockets (i.e. quilting cotton) – 3/8yd (35cm)
- Lining (i.e. quilting cotton) – 1/2yd (46cm)
- By Annie’s Soft and Stable Foam Interfacing (or equivalent foam) OR Fusible Fleece (i.e. Pellon Thermolam 971F, Vilene H640) – 32” x 16” (81cm x 41cm)
- Medium Weight Fusible Interfacing (i.e. Pellon Shapeflex SF101, Legacy Shapeflex L-SF101) – 1¾yd (1.6m) based on a 40” (100cm) width
- 2 Rectangular Rings & 1 Slider – 1” (2.5cm) size
- Coordinating Zippers – 1 chunky/long pull zipper for recessed zipper – 12” (30cm) long and 2 dress zippers for zipper pockets – 7” (18cm) long
- 6 Rivets (optional) – 8mm size
- Coordinating thread, scissors and general sewing supplies including fabric glue/tape.
Fabric Required for Outer Front Pieces A-F (width x height):
- A – 6” x 10” (15cm x 25cm)
- B – 7” x 11” (18cm x 28cm)
- C – 8” x 12” (20cm x 30cm)
- D – 7” x 12” (18cm x 30cm)
- E – 7” x 12” (18cm x 30cm)
- F – 6” x 13” (15cm x 33cm)
Andrie Designs Copyright 2017
All Rights Reserved
– Do not copy this pattern, claim as your own or allow others to use it.
– This pattern may be used for personal and small businesses producing limited quantities only.