Introducing the Layla Essentials Purse pattern by Andrie Designs! This is an easy to follow sewing pattern to create a darling little purse, just big enough to hold all your essentials.
~ The Layla Essentials Purse was first featured in the Rising Stars 2020 season of the Bag of the Month Club! ~
The Layla Essentials Purse features a whopping 11 card slot pockets PLUS a clear ID pocket! As well as the standard purse features of a notes pocket and a zipped coin pocket, she also has two additional storage pockets, perfect for business cards, receipts, etc!
She has a simple flap with a magnetic snap closure, which also covers up the coin pocket for added security, and an optional wrist strap attached at the top.
This pattern comes with two files – the pattern instructions/pieced pattern pages, and a large print pattern pieces file suitable for printing at your local print shop on the correct sized paper. It has 18 pages of clear, detailed instructions. It is suitable for an advanced beginner sewer. All pattern pieces have been digitally drawn.
Wary of zippers? Don’t be! Throughout the pattern, I give detailed and comprehensive instructions and diagrams to make adding the zipper an easy and stress-free experience.
The finished size of the Layla Essentials Purse is as follows:
- Width – 3 3/4” (9.5cm)
- Height – 5 1/4” (13.5cm)
- Depth – 1″ (2.5cm)
- Fabric for the Main – Outer (e.g. quilting cotton) – 11” x 8” (28cm x 20cm)
- Fabric for the Flap – Outer/Lining, Wrist Strap, Strap Connector (e.g. quilting cotton) – 1/4yd (23cm)
- Fabric for the Card Slots (ALL), Main – Lining, Notes Pocket – Lining, Zipper Pocket (e.g. quilting cotton) – 3/4yd (69cm)
- Fabric for the Notes Pocket – Outer, Left/Right Card Slots – Lining, Left/Right/Centre Card Slots – Side Panels, Centre Card Slots – Joining Panel, ID Pocket – Trim (e.g. quilting cotton) – 1/4yd (23cm)
- Vinyl for the ID Pocket (e.g. 12 gauge clear vinyl) – 4” x 5” (10cm x 13cm)
- Light-Medium Weight Fusible Interfacing (e.g. Pellon Shapeflex SF101, Legacy Shapeflex L-SF101) (NOTE: based on a 40”/100cm width) – 3/4yd (69cm)
- Fusible Fleece (e.g. Pellon Thermolam 971F, Vilene H640) – 12” x 13” (30cm x 33cm)
- Firm Fusible Stabiliser (e.g. Pellon’s Peltex #71F, Legacy #71F) – 3” x 1 1/2” (8cm x 4cm)
- 1 Slim Magnetic Snap; Optional – 1 Swivel Hook, 1 D-Ring – 3/4” (20mm)
- 1 Coordinating Dress Zipper – 4” (10cm)
- Coordinating thread, scissors and general sewing supplies including fabric glue/tape.
You can purchase the hardware kit for this pattern from Betty Box Pleat.
Andrie Designs Copyright 2020
All Rights Reserved
– Do not copy this pattern, claim as your own or allow others to use it.
– This pattern may be used for personal and small businesses producing limited quantities only.