Introducing the Feature Me Everyday Tote by Andrie Designs (formerly two pretty poppets)! This gorgeous tote bag pattern is perfect for showing off that special feature fabric you’ve had stashed away since forever. This tote bag has both a pieced and non-pieced option for the outer panels, giving you lots of flexibility in how you design YOUR Feature Me tote.
The Feature Me Everyday Tote comes in two sizes – Coffee Date (small tote bag) and Shopaholic (large tote bag). Despite the piecing, it’s a relatively quick sew; you’ll be out featuring your favourite feature fabric in no time!
A simple magnetic snap is all that is needed to keep this tote bag closed, making it a perfect choice for those who are yet to attempt zippers or are just looking for a nice easy sew with minimal hardware. It has a single shoulder strap and large inner zipper pocket as well.
This pattern comes with two files – the pattern instructions/pieced pattern pages, and a large print pattern pieces file suitable for printing at your local print shop on the correct sized paper. It has 8 pages of clear, detailed instructions. It is suitable for an advanced beginner sewer. All pattern pieces have been digitally drawn. Wary of zippers? Don’t be! Throughout the pattern I give detailed and comprehensive instructions and diagrams to make adding the zipper an easy and stress-free experience.
The finished sizes of the Feature Me Everyday Tote are as follows:
COFFEE DATE –
- Width – 11” (28cm)
- Depth – 3” (7.6cm)
- Height – 12” (31cm)
- Width – 13” (33cm)
- Depth – 3” (7.6cm)
- Height – 14”(36cm)
- Outer fabric for piecing (i.e. quilting cotton) – up to 1/2yd (0.5m)
- Outer fabric for gusset, strap and piping (i.e. quilting cotton) – up to 1yd (0.9m)
- Fabric for lining and inner zipper pocket – up to 5/8yd (0.6m)
- By Annie’s Soft and Stable Foam Interfacing (or equivalent foam) OR Fusible Fleece (i.e. Pellon Thermolam 971F, Vilene H640) – up to 40″ x 20″ (102cm x 51cm)
- Light-Medium Weight Fusible Interfacing (i.e. Pellon Shapeflex SF101, Legacy Shapeflex L-SF101) – up to 1 1/8yd (1.05m) (based on a 40″/100cm width)
- Cotton cording – 3/32″ size (2.5mm size)/size 00 (or the equivalent of premade piping) – up to 3 1/4yd (3m)
- Firm fusible stabilizer (i.e. Pellon’s Peltex #71F, Legacy #71F) – 1½” x 3” (4cm x 8cm)
- 1 magnetic snap – ¾” (18mm) size
- 2 rectangular rings – 1 1/2″ (3.8cm) size
- 1 coordinating dress zipper – 8″ (20cm) length
- Coordinating thread, scissors and general sewing supplies.
For pattern sets click here.
Andrie Designs Copyright 2016
All Rights Reserved
– Do not copy this pattern, claim as your own or allow others to use it.
– This pattern may be used for personal and small businesses producing limited quantities only.