Introducing the Polly Cross Body Pouch pattern by Andrie Designs! This is an easy to follow sewing pattern to create a simple in design, yet effective in appearance, cross body bag.
Use the flap to feature a favourite fabric, and the body of the pouch to show off a coordinate. The strap is generous in length, allowing you to wear the pouch cross body or simply on one shoulder. The pouch is a super quick sew, making it perfect for last minute gifts!
~ This design is also available as a stand-alone pattern! Click HERE to find out more! ~
Throughout the class, I will step you through how to assemble each and every component of the Polly Cross Body Pouch pattern, including how to sew most of the components on the machine as well. PLEASE NOTE: the pattern and pattern pieces are NOT included with the class; you will need to purchase these separately by choosing the preferred option from the drop-down box above.
Total class length is 1 hour 37 minutes.
The finished size of the Polly Cross Body Pouch is as follows:
- Width – 8” (20cm)
- Height – 9” (23cm)
- Fabric for the outer body and flap (e.g. quilting cotton) – 3/8yd (36cm)
- Fabric for the lining and pocket (e.g. quilting cotton) – 3/8yd (36cm)
- Fabric for the strap and connectors – 4” x 66” (10cm x 168cm)
- Light-medium weight fusible interfacing (i.e. Pellon Shapeflex SF101, Legacy Shapeflex L-SF101) – 1 3/4yd (160cm) based on a 20” (51cm) width
- By Annie’s Soft and Stable Foam Interfacing (or equivalent foam) OR Fusible Fleece (i.e. Pellon Thermolam 971F, Vilene H640) – 28” x 11” (71cm x 28cm)
- Firm Fusible Stabilizer (i.e. Pellon’s Peltex #71F, Legacy #71F) – 1 1/2” x 3” (4cm x 8cm)
- 1 magnetic snap – 3/4” (18mm) size
- 2 D-rings – 1” (2.5cm) size
- 2 swivel hooks – 1” (2.5cm) size
- 1 slider – 1” (2.5cm) size
- 1 coordinating dress zipper – 6” (15cm) length
- Coordinating thread, scissors and general sewing supplies.
All materials used in this Polly Cross Body Pouch were from Fifi’s Fabricology which you can find here.
You can purchase the hardware kit for this pattern from Betty Box Pleat.
Total class length is 1 hour, 37 minutes.
Andrie Designs Copyright 2016
All Rights Reserved
– Do not copy this pattern, claim as your own or allow others to use it.
– This pattern may be used for personal and small businesses producing limited quantities only.
Marilyn Brandwood (verified owner) –
Great video for anyone new to bagmakers or seasoned professionals. Very comprehensive and Signposted to further free videos if you need further clarification. Visual learners will love this