USD $7.48 – USD $10.49
An easy to follow sewing pattern to create your very own Goin’ Uptown Tote. This large sized tote bag is just perfect to show off your favourite fabric – as well as carrying all the essentials you may need for a trip uptown!
Introducing the Goin’ Uptown Tote by Andrie Designs! This darling large tote bag pattern is exactly what you need when going uptown for a day. It’s perfect for showing off your favourite fabric, and the pieced outer panels really lend themselves to any number of fabric/pattern combinations!
The Goin’ Uptown Tote features an outer zipper pocket on both the front and back, giving you quick and easy access to frequently used items such as your mobile phone and keys.
It has a recessed zipper to close, ensuring all your goodies stay tucked safely inside the bag, and an inner zipper pocket also for added storage.
The piping added around the sides and top of the bag are definitely a favourite feature – helping any fabric you use POP and stand out. It’s the perfect bag for goin’ uptown!!!
This bag would also make a fantastic diaper/nappy bag, holding up to 8 modern cloth nappies (all-in-ones), 2 wet bags, a change mat and baby wipes!
The pattern contains two files – the pattern instructions/pieced pattern pages, and a large print pattern pieces file suitable for printing at your local print shop on the correct sized paper. It has 11 pages of clear, detailed instructions. It is suitable for an advanced beginner-intermediate sewer. All pattern pieces have been digitally drawn. Wary of zippers? Don’t be! Throughout the pattern I give detailed and comprehensive instructions and photos to make adding the zippers an easy and stress-free experience.
The finished size of the Goin’ Uptown Tote is as follows:
- Width at base – 15” (38cm)
- Height – 11” (28cm)
- Depth at base – 4” (10cm)
- Strap drop – 10” (25cm)
- Fabric (i.e. quilting cotton) as follows: Outer and handles – 3/4yd (0.75m), Lining – 1/2yd (0.5m), Piping – 1/2yd (0.5m)
- Light-medium weight fusible interfacing (i.e. Pellon Shapeflex SF101, Legacy Shapeflex L-SF101) (based on a 40” (100cm) width) – 3/4yd (0.75m)
- Fusible fleece (i.e. Pellon Thermolam 971F, Vilene H640) – 1/2yd (0.5m)
- Firm fusible stabilizer (i.e. Pellon’s Peltex #71F, Legacy #71F) – 17¾” x 4” (45cm x 10cm)
- Rectangular rings x4 – 1” (2.5cm) size
- Cotton cording – 5/32” (4.5mm) size/size 2, 3yds (3m) long (or 3yds/3m of premade piping)
- Coordinating dress/all purpose zippers – 1 – 7” (18cm), 2 – 6” (15cm)
- Coordinating #5 nylon open end zipper – 1 – 16” (40cm)
- Fabric glue/wash away fabric tape (optional but helps)
- Coordinating thread, scissors and general sewing supplies including a heavy duty needle (Universal size 12 or 14).
For pattern sets click here.
You can read the review from Pattern Revolution here.
Andrie Designs Copyright 2015
All Rights Reserved
– Do not copy this pattern, claim as your own or allow others to use it.
– This pattern may be used for personal and small businesses producing limited quantities only.