Introducing the Little Freehand Pack by Andrie Designs! This gorgeous little pack is perfect for carrying only the things you need and nothing more. It comes with three strap options – hipster, backpack and cross body, and three strap sizes – small, medium and large. The Little Freehand Pack will easily accommodate young children right through to adults.
The Little Freehand Pack also has an optional vertical divider in the main compartment, enabling you to carry a water bottle upright without having to worry about it falling over and squishing your snacks, leaking on your keys/mobile phone etc.
Wary of zippers? Don’t be! Throughout the pattern I give detailed and comprehensive instructions and photos to make adding the zippers an easy and stress-free experience. This pattern also includes instructions for making your own double pull zipper, as well as using a pre-made double pull zipper or single pull zipper. It also includes directions for installing all hardware.
There are so many possibilities for this bag! From a handy little pack for a trip to the market, to a hipster pack for a walk in the bush or along the beach, to a gorgeous little backpack for children to us, you really are only limited by your imagination!
The pattern contains 20 pages of clear, detailed instructions. All pattern pieces have been digitally drawn. It is suitable for an advanced beginner sewer.
The finished size of the Little Freehand Pack is as follows:
- Width – 7″ (18cm)
- Height – 9″ (23cm)
- Depth – 3″ (8cm)
- Outer fabric (i.e. quilting cotton) – 3/8yd (0.4m)
- Lining fabric (i.e. quilting cotton) – 1/2yd (0.5m)
- Fabric for straps (ALL options) – 1/2yd (0.5m)
- Light-medium weight fusible interfacing (i.e. Pellon Shapeflex SF101, Legacy Shapeflex L-SF101) – 1 3/4yd (1.6m) based on a 20” (50cm) width
- Fusible fleece OR foam interfacing (i.e. Pellon Thermolam 971F, Vilene H640 OR By Annie’s Soft and Stable) – 26” x 24” (70cm x 60cm)
- One #5 nylon double pull zipper OR two #5 nylon zippers (to be combined into a double pull zipper), OR one #5 nylon single pull zipper – 18” (45cm) (Note: This bag can be made with both a single pull zipper OR a double pull zipper)
- One coordinating dress/all purpose zipper – 6” (15cm)
- Fabric glue or tape, coordinating thread, scissors and general sewing supplies
For the HIPSTER option:
- 1 strap buckle/side release clip – 1” (25mm) size
- 1” (25mm) webbing – 20” (50cm) long
For the BACKPACK option:
- 2 strap adjusters – 1” (25mm) size
- 1” (25mm) webbing as follows –
- Small: 20” (51cm) long
- Medium: 40” (102cm) long
- Large: 48” (1.2m) long
For the CROSS BODY option:
- 1 slider – 2” (5cm) size
- 1 rectangular ring – 2” (5cm) size
For pattern sets click here.
You can purchase the hardware kit for this pattern from Betty Box Pleat.
Andrie Designs Copyright 2015
All Rights Reserved
– Do not copy this pattern, claim as your own or allow others to use it.
– This pattern may be used for personal and small businesses producing limited quantities only.