Introducing the Classic Market Tote by Andrie Designs! This is the third pattern in the Andrie Designs Classic Collection – an ongoing collection of patterns designed to be simple and quick to construct, yet effective and classic in design. They are patterns designed for all types of makers, whether you make to sell or simply sew for pleasure.
~ The Classic Market Tote was first featured in Issue #92 of the Australian magazine ‘Quilters Companion’ (click here) ~
The Classic Market Tote comes in two sizes and has been created to give you a practical market tote, perfect for not only trips to the market but almost anything else you need a tote bag for as well, all the while still having that ‘wow’ factor.
This simple yet eye-catching tote bag features two outer slip pockets, a generously sized main compartment complete with a key hook, and an inner zipper pocket. It also includes a simple magnetic snap closure, gorgeous O-rings, and straightforward construction techniques.
This pattern comes with two files – the pattern instructions/pieced pattern pages, and a large print pattern pieces file suitable for printing at your local print shop on the correct sized paper. It has 10 pages of clear, detailed instructions. It is suitable for an advanced beginner sewer. All pattern pieces have been digitally drawn.
Wary of zippers? Don’t be! Throughout the pattern I give detailed and comprehensive instructions and diagrams to make adding the zipper an easy and stress-free experience.
The finished sizes of the Classic Market Tote are as follows:
- Width: 10” (25cm)
- Height: 13” (33cm)
- Depth: 5” (13cm)
- Width: 12” (30cm)
- Height: 14½” (37cm)
- Depth: 6” (15cm)
- Outer Panels – Top (i.e. quilting cotton) – 1/4yd (23cm)
- Outer Panels – Bottom (i.e. quilting cotton) – 1/2yd (46cm)
- Outer Slip Pockets (i.e. quilting cotton) – 18” x 18” (46cm x 46cm)
- Lining & Inner Zipper Pocket (i.e. quilting cotton) – up to 3/4yd (69cm)
- Handles, Handle Connectors & Key Hook Strap (i.e. quilting cotton) – 1yd (91cm)
- By Annie’s Soft and Stable Foam Interfacing (or equivalent foam) OR Fusible Fleece (i.e. Pellon Thermolam 971F, Vilene H640)- up to 40” x 20” (102cm x 51cm)
- Light-Medium Weight Fusible Interfacing (i.e. Pellon Shapeflex SF101, Legacy Shapeflex L-SF101) (NOTE: based on a 40”/100cm width) – up to 1¾yd (1.6m)
- Firm Fusible Stabilizer (i.e. Pellon’s Peltex #71F, Legacy #71F) – 1½” x 3” (4cm x 8cm)
- 1 Magnetic Snap – 3/4” (18mm)
- 4 O-Rings (OR 4 smaller rectangular rings) – up to 2” (5cm)
- 1 Swivel Hook – 3/4” (18mm)
- 1 Coordinating Dress Zipper – 8” (20cm)
- Coordinating thread, scissors and general sewing supplies including fabric glue/tape.
Andrie Designs Copyright 2018
All Rights Reserved
– Do not copy this pattern, claim as your own or allow others to use it.
– This pattern may be used for personal and small businesses producing limited quantities only.