Introducing the Classic Market Tote – Comprehensive Video Class by Andrie Designs! This is the third pattern in the Andrie Designs Classic Collection – an ongoing collection of patterns designed to be simple and quick to construct, yet effective and classic in design. They are patterns designed for all types of makers, whether you make to sell or simply sew for pleasure.
~ The Classic Market Tote was first featured in Issue #92 of the Australian magazine ‘Quilters Companion’ (click here) ~
The Classic Market Tote comes in two sizes and has been created to give you a practical market tote, perfect for not only trips to the market but almost anything else you need a tote bag for as well, all the while still having that ‘wow’ factor.
This simple yet eye-catching tote bag features two outer slip pockets, a generously sized main compartment complete with a key hook, and an inner zipper pocket. It also includes a simple magnetic snap closure, gorgeous O-rings, and straightforward construction techniques.
~ This design is also available as a stand alone pattern! Click HERE to find out more! ~
Throughout the class, I will step you through how to assemble each and every component of the Classic Market Tote pattern, including how to sew most of the components on the machine as well. PLEASE NOTE: the pattern and pattern pieces are NOT included with the class; you will need to purchase these separately by choosing the preferred option from the drop down box above.
Total class length is 2 hours, 8 minutes.
The finished sizes of the Classic Market Tote are as follows:
- Width: 10” (25cm)
- Height: 13” (33cm)
- Depth: 5” (13cm)
- Width: 12” (30cm)
- Height: 14½” (37cm)
- Depth: 6” (15cm)
- Outer Panels – Top (i.e. quilting cotton) – 1/4yd (23cm)
- Outer Panels – Bottom (i.e. quilting cotton) – 1/2yd (46cm)
- Outer Slip Pockets (i.e. quilting cotton) – 18” x 18” (46cm x 46cm)
- Lining & Inner Zipper Pocket (i.e. quilting cotton) – up to 3/4yd (69cm)
- Handles, Handle Connectors & Key Hook Strap (i.e. quilting cotton) – 1yd (91cm)
- By Annie’s Soft and Stable Foam Interfacing (or equivalent foam) OR Fusible Fleece (i.e. Pellon Thermolam 971F, Vilene H640)- up to 40” x 20” (102cm x 51cm)
- Light-Medium Weight Fusible Interfacing (i.e. Pellon Shapeflex SF101, Legacy Shapeflex L-SF101) (NOTE: based on a 40”/100cm width) – up to 1¾yd (1.6m)
- Firm Fusible Stabilizer (i.e. Pellon’s Peltex #71F, Legacy #71F) – 1½” x 3” (4cm x 8cm)
- 1 Magnetic Snap – 3/4” (18mm)
- 4 O-Rings (OR 4 smaller rectangular rings) – up to 2” (5cm)
- 1 Swivel Hook – 3/4” (18mm)
- 1 Coordinating Dress Zipper – 8” (20cm)
- Coordinating thread, scissors and general sewing supplies including fabric glue/tape.
Total class length is 2 hours, 8 minutes.
You can purchase the hardware kit for this pattern from Betty Box Pleat and Sallie Tomato.
Andrie Designs Copyright 2018
All Rights Reserved
– Do not copy this pattern, claim as your own or allow others to use it.
– This pattern may be used for personal and small businesses producing limited quantities only.
k.l.mcintosh (verified owner) –
Great Tutorial. Every step in the bag making process is very clear. The pattern is also good but the visual aspect of the video tutorial made the bag go together and look so professional.
Jennaf124 (verified owner) –
I highly recommend this tutorial for both new and experienced sewing levels! I’ve been sewing and quilting for a very long time and I still learned some awesome tips for bag making. This is an excellent way to learn- step by step with clear visuals and detailed demonstrations. I watched, paused the video, and did each step as presented. My Classic Market Tote came out absolutely perfect. Thank you so much!
Laurene (verified owner) –
Great visual aid for sewing this or any bag.
Louise Cleland (verified owner) –
My very first bag. Absolutely fabulous video. Watched it many times. Followed it step by step. Extremely well done and would highly recommend the video as a supplement to the pattern. Want to do another and would want the video to go with it. I am so impressed.
Sherry Cook (verified owner) –
I’m so happy I decided to purchase the video. The written instructions are good but learning all the tips for the construction is well worth the purchase. It is thorough and covered all parts of the construction of the tote start to finish.
sewcookrepeat (verified owner) –
Made the tote bag for my granddaughter. This was my first time making a bag. The tutorial made the process enjoyable and resulted in a professional looking bag. Thank you so much.
jearthur (verified owner) –
So much fun sewing my first bag with the video class. The pattern instructions were very clear but sewing along with the video added more information and I felt like I was having a personal tutorial. Highly recommend to both new and experienced sewers!