Introducing the Sew Compleat Shoulder Tote by Andrie Designs! This gorgeous tote bag pattern is just the thing to mix and match those fabric scraps you’ve been holding on to since forever!
Use the outer pleating to create a beautiful, textured effect, or simply use one single cut of fabric for a quicker yet just as stunning tote bag. With soft curves and a magnetic snap closure, the Sew Compleat Shoulder Tote will quickly become your go-to for gifts… and yourself!
The Sew Compleat Shoulder Tote comes with both pleated and non-pleated options for the outer panels. For the pleated option, you can choose a narrow centre pleat or a wide centre pleat.
A simple magnetic snap is all that is needed to keep this tote bag closed, making it a perfect choice for those who are yet to attempt zippers or are just looking for a nice easy sew with minimal hardware. It has a single shoulder strap and large inner zipper pocket as well.
This pattern comes with two files – the pattern instructions/pieced pattern pages, and a large print pattern pieces file suitable for printing at your local print shop on the correct sized paper. It has 8 pages of clear, detailed instructions. It is suitable for an advanced beginner sewer. All pattern pieces have been digitally drawn. Wary of zippers? Don’t be! Throughout the pattern I give detailed and comprehensive instructions and diagrams to make adding the zipper an easy and stress-free experience.
The finished size of the Sew Compleat Shoulder Tote is as follows:
- Width – 13” (33cm)
- Depth – 3” (7.5cm)
- Height – 9.5” (24cm)
- Finished width of centre pleat – NARROW option – 1.5″ (4cm), WIDE option – 3.5″ (9cm)
- Outer fabric for pieced AND non-pieced options (i.e. quilting cotton) – 1/2yd (0.5m)
- Outer fabric for contrast panel, gusset, strap and piping (i.e. quilting cotton) – 1yd (0.9m)
- Fabric for lining and inner zipper pocket – 3/4yd (0.7m)
- By Annie’s Soft and Stable Foam Interfacing (or equivalent foam) OR Fusible Fleece (i.e. Pellon Thermolam 971F, Vilene H640) – 31″ x 16″ (79cm x 41cm)
- Light-Medium Weight Fusible Interfacing (i.e. Pellon Shapeflex SF101, Legacy Shapeflex L-SF101) – 3/4yd (0.7m) (based on a 40″/100cm width)
- Firm fusible stabilizer (i.e. Pellon’s Peltex #71F, Legacy #71F) – 1½” x 3” (4cm x 8cm)
- 1 magnetic snap – ¾” (18mm) size
- 2 rectangular rings – 1″ (2.5cm) size
- 1 coordinating dress zipper – 8″ (20cm) length
- Cotton cording – 3/32″ size (2.5mm size)/size 00 (or the equivalent of premade piping) – 2 1/4yds (2m)
- Coordinating thread, scissors and general sewing supplies.
For pattern sets click here.
You can purchase the hardware kit for this pattern from Handbag Hardware Australia.
Andrie Designs Copyright 2016
All Rights Reserved
– Do not copy this pattern, claim as your own or allow others to use it.
– This pattern may be used for personal and small businesses producing limited quantities only.