Introducing the Peekaboo Purse by Andrie Designs! This is an easy to follow sewing pattern to create a darling little shoulder purse for each and every occasion.
~ The Peekaboo Purse was first featured as the February 2018 Tilda Club pattern for the Australian distributor 2 Green Zebras (click here) ~
The Peekaboo Purse features a pieced flap, designed to show off a favourite fabric, and a delicately curved body complete with a perfectly sized gusset.
It has a simple magnetic snap closure, an inner zipper pocket and a single shoulder strap attached with gorgeous little ¾”(19mm) hardware.
This pattern comes with two files – the pattern instructions/pieced pattern pages, and a large print pattern pieces file suitable for printing at your local print shop on the correct sized paper. It has 7 pages of clear, detailed instructions. It is suitable for an advanced beginner sewer. All pattern pieces have been digitally drawn.
Wary of zippers? Don’t be! Throughout the pattern I give detailed and comprehensive instructions and diagrams to make adding the zipper an easy and stress-free experience.
The finished size of the Peekaboo Purse is as follows:
- Width – 8” (20cm)
- Height – 6” (15cm)
- Depth – 2″ (5cm)
- Fabric for the feature panel on the flap and the lining (i.e. quilting cotton) – 1/4yd (23cm)
- Fabric for the remaining flap panels and inner zipper pocket (i.e. quilting cotton) – 1/4yd (23cm)
- Fabric for the outer body, strap and strap connectors (i.e. quilting cotton) – 1/4yd (23cm)
- By Annie’s Soft and Stable Foam Interfacing (or equivalent foam) OR Fusible Fleece (i.e. Pellon Thermolam 971F, Vilene H640) – 30” x 12” (76cm x 30cm)
- Medium Weight Fusible Interfacing (i.e. Pellon Shapeflex SF101, Legacy Shapeflex L-SF101) – 5/8yd (58cm) based on a 40” (100cm) width
- Firm Fusible Stabiliser (i.e. Pellon’s Peltex #71F, Legacy #71F) – 1½” x 3” (3.8cm x 7.6cm)
- 1 magnetic snap – ¾” (18mm) size
- 2 rectangular rings – ¾” (18m) size
- 1 coordinating dress zipper – 5” (12.5cm) length
- Coordinating thread, scissors and general sewing supplies including fabric tape/glue.
You can purchase the hardware kit for this pattern from Betty Box Pleat.
Andrie Designs Copyright 2018
All Rights Reserved
– Do not copy this pattern, claim as your own or allow others to use it.
– This pattern may be used for personal and small businesses producing limited quantities only.