Introducing the Polly Cross Body Pouch by Andrie Designs! This is an easy to follow sewing pattern to create a simple in design, yet effective in appearance, cross body bag.
Use the flap to feature a favourite fabric, and the body of the pouch to show off a coordinate. The strap is generous in length, allowing you to wear the pouch cross body or simply on one shoulder. The pouch is a super quick sew, making it perfect for last minute gifts!
This pattern comes with one file containing both the pattern instructions and the pieced pattern pages. It has 5 pages of clear, detailed instructions. It is suitable for an advanced beginner sewer. All pattern pieces have been digitally drawn. Wary of zippers? Don’t be! Throughout the pattern I give detailed and comprehensive instructions and diagrams to make adding the zipper an easy and stress-free experience.
The finished size of the Polly Cross Body Pouch is as follows:
- Width – 8” (20cm)
- Height – 9” (23cm)
- Fabric for the outer body and flap (e.g. quilting cotton) – 3/8yd (36cm)
- Fabric for the lining and pocket (e.g. quilting cotton) – 3/8yd (36cm)
- Fabric for the strap and connectors – 4” x 66” (10cm x 168cm)
- Light-medium weight fusible interfacing (i.e. Pellon Shapeflex SF101, Legacy Shapeflex L-SF101) – 1 3/4yd (160cm) based on a 20” (51cm) width
- By Annie’s Soft and Stable Foam Interfacing (or equivalent foam) OR Fusible Fleece (i.e. Pellon Thermolam 971F, Vilene H640) – 28” x 11” (71cm x 28cm)
- Firm Fusible Stabilizer (i.e. Pellon’s Peltex #71F, Legacy #71F) – 1 1/2” x 3” (4cm x 8cm)
- 1 magnetic snap – 3/4” (18mm) size
- 2 D-rings – 1” (2.5cm) size
- 2 swivel hooks – 1” (2.5cm) size
- 1 slider – 1” (2.5cm) size
- 1 coordinating dress zipper – 6” (15cm) length
- Coordinating thread, scissors and general sewing supplies.
You can purchase the hardware kit for this pattern from Betty Box Pleat.
Andrie Designs Copyright 2016
All Rights Reserved
– Do not copy this pattern, claim as your own or allow others to use it.
– This pattern may be used for personal and small businesses producing limited quantities only.