Introducing the Roll With It Tote by Andrie Designs! This is an easy to follow sewing pattern to create your very own beautifully curved tote bag. Designed to show off your favourite fabric, the Roll With It Tote is a practical and eye-catching design suitable for everyday use.
~ The Roll With It Tote has recently been featured in the Quilt Me A Bag blog series (click here) ~
It features piping, classy o-rings, a recessed zipper closure, two outer slip pockets and an inner zipper pocket. It comes in two sizes, small and large, and will cover all your needs from a trip to the races or a coffee date in town, to a shopping day with friends or simply as your everyday tote bag.
This pattern comes with two files – the pattern instructions/pieced pattern pages, and a large print pattern pieces file suitable for printing at your local print shop on the correct sized paper. It has 9 pages of clear, detailed instructions. It is suitable for an advanced beginner sewer. All pattern pieces have been digitally drawn. Wary of zippers? Don’t be! Throughout the pattern I give detailed and comprehensive instructions and diagrams to make adding the zipper/s an easy and stress-free experience.
The finished sizes of the Roll With It Tote are as follows:
- Width – 10” (25cm)
- Depth – 2.5” (6.4cm)
- Height – 7.5” (19cm)
- Width – 13” (33cm)
- Depth – 4” (10cm)
- Height – 10”(25cm)
- Fabric for body, straps, strap connectors (i.e. quilting cotton) – up to 3/4yd (69cm)
- Fabric for pockets (i.e. quilting cotton) – up to 5/8yd (58cm)
- Bias for piping – up to 1/2yd (46cm)
- Fabric for the recessed zipper panel, lining, inner zipper pocket – up to 3/4yd (69cm)
- By Annie’s Soft and Stable Foam Interfacing (or equivalent foam) OR Fusible Fleece (i.e. Pellon Thermolam 971F, Vilene H640) – up to 36″ x 19″ (91cm x 48cm)
- Light-Medium Weight Fusible Interfacing (i.e. Pellon Shapeflex SF101, Legacy Shapeflex L-SF101) – up to 2yds (1.83m) (based on a 40″/100cm width)
- Cotton cording – 3/32″ size (2.5mm size)/size 00 (or the equivalent of premade piping) – up to 4yds (3.6m)
- 2 o-rings – 1.5″ or 2″ size (3.8cm or 5cm size)
- Coordinating zippers – 1 chunky/long pull zipper 16″ (40cm) long and 1 dress zipper 7″ (18cm) long
- Coordinating thread, scissors and general sewing supplies.
For pattern sets click here.
Andrie Designs Copyright 2016
All Rights Reserved
– Do not copy this pattern, claim as your own or allow others to use it.
– This pattern may be used for personal and small businesses producing limited quantities only.