Introducing the Gemma Carryall Pouch pattern by Andrie Designs! This is an easy to follow sewing pattern to create a beautiful, round-topped pouch.
~ The Gemma Carryall Pouch was first featured in the October 2019 issue of the Australian magazine ‘Homespun’! ~
It features a simple, two-panel outer front, a full zipper closure and an outer zipper pocket on the back. The pouch has a second zipper pocket on the inside, as well as a detachable wrist strap for added security when in use.
Featuring box corners to ensure the pouch sits upright if desired, the Gemma Carryall Pouch is a versatile design that is perfect for last-minute gifts, or simply for yourself!
This pattern comes with one file containing both the pattern instructions and the pattern pages. It has 12 pages of clear, detailed instructions. It is suitable for an advanced beginner sewer. All pattern pieces have been digitally drawn.
Wary of zippers? Don’t be! Throughout the pattern, I give detailed and comprehensive instructions and diagrams to make adding the zippers an easy and stress-free experience.
The finished sizes of the Gemma Carryall Pouch are as follows:
- Width – 7 1/2” (19cm)
- Height – 5” (13cm)
- Depth – 1 1/2” (4cm)
- Width – 9 1/2” (24cm)
- Height – 6” (15cm)
- Depth – 1 1/2” (4cm)
- Outer Fabric (i.e. quilting cotton) – up to 20” x 9” (51cm x 23cm)
- Contrast Fabric & Wrist Strap (i.e. quilting cotton) – up to 22” x 9” (56cm x 23cm)
- Lining Fabric including Zipper Pockets, Strap Connector & Grip Tab (i.e. quilting cotton) – up to 1/2yd (46cm)
- Light-Medium Weight Fusible Interfacing (i.e. Pellon Shapeflex SF101, Legacy Shapeflex L-SF101) (NOTE: based on a 40”/100cm width) – up to 5/8yd (58cm)
- Fusible Fleece (i.e. Pellon Thermolam 971F, Vilene H640) – up to 26” x 9” (66cm x 23cm)
- 1 Swivel Hook – 3/4” (18mm) size
- 1 D-Ring – 3/4” (18mm) size
- 1 Coordinating Long Pull Zipper (i.e. #4.5 YKK) – up to 14” (36cm)
- 2 Coordinating Dress Zippers – 6” (15cm)
- Coordinating thread, scissors and general sewing supplies including fabric glue/tape.
Andrie Designs Copyright 2019
All Rights Reserved
– Do not copy this pattern, claim as your own or allow others to use it.
– This pattern may be used for personal and small businesses producing limited quantities only.