Introducing the Gather Me Up Clutch by Andrie Designs (formerly two pretty poppets)! This gorgeous clutch bag pattern is an easy to follow sewing pattern to make a gathered clutch.
This gathered clutch pattern is the perfect pattern to make your very own clutch purse – whether it be for day or night, for yourself or a gift for a friend, you are bound to find exactly what you’re looking for within this pattern. From the beautiful, softly gathered outer front, to the practical outer zipper pocket on the back, the features in this clutch pattern can be mixed and matched to achieve exactly the look you are after. You could think of it as a ‘design your own’ clutch pattern!
Some of the unique features of this pattern include:
- A beautiful, softly gathered outer front
- An outer zipper pocket on the back (large enough to hold even the larger sized smart phones)
- Inner card pockets
- Inner slip pocket (behind the card pockets)
- Inner zipper pocket
- Removable wrist strap
- Removable cross body strap
- 2 sizes available (small and large)
Gathers not your thing? Instructions have also been included to design your clutch with a flat outer front and/or an outer back with no pocket.
The pattern contains clear, detailed instructions. It is suitable for an advanced beginner sewer. All pattern pieces have been digitally drawn. Wary of zippers? Don’t be! Throughout the pattern I give detailed and comprehensive instructions and photos to make adding the zipper/s an easy and stress-free experience.
The finished sizes of the clutch are as follows:
- Width: small 8″ (20cm), large 10″ (25cm)
- Height: small 5″ (12.5cm), large 6″ (16cm)
- Depth: 1″ (2.5cm)
- Fabric for the outer/contrast pieces (i.e. quilting cotton): Small = ½yd (0.5m), Large = ¾yd (0.75m)
- Fabric for the lining/pockets/straps (i.e. quilting cotton): Small = ½yd (0.5m), Large = ¾yd (0.75m)
- Small length of ribbon (1” or 1½” wide (2.5cm or 3.8cm)) (optional alternative to fabric strip)
- Light-medium weight fusible interfacing (i.e. Pellon Shapeflex SF101, Legacy Shapeflex L-SF101): Small = ½yd (0.5m), Large = ¾yd (0.75m)
- By Annie’s Soft and Stable foam interfacing (or equivalent foam) OR fusible fleece (i.e. Pellon Thermolam 971F, Vilene H640): Small = 19” x 7” (48cm x 18cm), Large = 23” x 8” (58cm x 20cm)
- Small piece of light-medium weight sew-in interfacing (i.e. Pellon 40, M12 Vilene sew-in) (NOTE: for Gathered Outer Front only – replaces fusible interfacing, fusible fleece still required): Small = 9” x 6¼” (23cm x 16cm), Large = 11” x 7¼” (28cm x 18.5cm)
- Coordinating zippers: Small = one 5” (12cm) size, two 8” (20cm) size, Large = one 6” (15cm) size, two 10” (25cm) size
- D-Rings: Small = one or two ½” (1.3cm) size, Large = one or two ¾” (2cm) size
- Swivel hooks: Wrist strap (both sizes) = one ½” (1.3cm) size, Cross body strap (both sizes) = two 1” (2.5cm) size
- Slider: Cross body strap (both sizes) = one 1” (2.5cm) size
- Fabric glue/wash away tape, coordinating thread, scissors and general sewing supplies.
For pattern sets click here.
You can read the review from Pattern Revolution here.
Andrie Designs Copyright 2015
All Rights Reserved
– Do not copy this pattern, claim as your own or allow others to use it.
– This pattern may be used for personal and small businesses producing limited quantities only.