Introducing the Gather Me Up Clutch by Andrie Designs! This gorgeous clutch pattern is an easy to follow sewing pattern to make a beautiful, gathered clutch. Originally published in 2015, it has recently been re-designed and re-written, making it even easier to follow along and make your own clutch purse.
This gathered clutch pattern is the perfect pattern for so many occasions! Whether it be for day or night, for yourself or a friend, you can easily whip one of these little beauties up to suit every outfit and outing you need to attend! Plus, with the added details of a gathered outer front, it really gives off that ‘wow’ factor without being difficult or fiddly to create – bonus!
The Gather Me Up Clutch comes in two sizes – small and large – and includes:
- A beautiful, softly gathered outer front
- An outer zipper pocket on the back (large enough to hold even the larger sized smart phones)
- Inner zipper pocket
- Wrist strap and/or cross body strap
- 2 sizes (small and large)
This pattern has 12 pages of clear, detailed instructions. It is suitable for an advanced beginner sewer. All pattern pieces have been digitally drawn. Wary of zippers? Don’t be! Throughout the pattern I give detailed and comprehensive instructions and diagrams to make adding the zippers an easy and stress-free experience.
The finished sizes of the Gather Me Up Clutch are as follows:
- Width – 6 1/2″ (16.5cm)
- Height – 4 3/4″ (12cm)
- Depth – 1 1/2″ (4cm)
- Width – 8 1/2″ (22cm)
- Height – 5 3/4″ (14.5cm)
- Depth – 1 1/2″ (4cm)
- Outer Panels & Wrist Strap (i.e. quilting cotton) – up to 1/4yd (23cm) (depending on the size chosen)
- Cross Body Strap (single cut of fabric) (i.e. quilting cotton) – up to 1 3/4yd (1.6m)
- Contrast Panel (i.e. quilting cotton, cork, leather) – up to 11″ x 3″ (28cm x 7.5cm)
- Lining & Pockets (i.e. quilting cotton) – up to 1/2yd (46cm)
- Fusible Fleece (i.e. Pellon Thermolam 971F, Vilene H640) – up to 24″ x 9″ (61cm x 23cm)
- Medium Weight Fusible Interfacing (i.e. Pellon Shapeflex SF101, Legacy Shapeflex L-SF101) – up to 1 3/4yd (1.6m; based on a 40″/100cm width)
- Medium Weight Sew-In Interfacing (i.e. Pellon 40, M12 Vilene sew-in) – up to 12″ x 9″ (30cm x 23cm)
- Coordinating Zippers – 1 chunky/long pull zipper – up to 14″ (36cm), 2 dress zippers – up to 10″ (25cm)
- D-Rings – 1 for Wrist Strap or 2 for Cross Body Strap – 3/4″ (2cm) size
- Swivel Hooks – 1 for Wrist Strap or 2 for Cross Body Strap – up to 1″ (2.5cm) size
- 1 Slider – Cross Body Strap – up to 1″ (2.5cm) size
- Coordinating thread, scissors and general sewing supplies including fabric glue/tape
For pattern sets click here.
You can purchase the hardware kit for this pattern from Betty Box Pleat and Bobbin Girl.
Andrie Designs Copyright 2015
All Rights Reserved
– Do not copy this pattern, claim as your own or allow others to use it.
– This pattern may be used for personal and small businesses producing limited quantities only.
Devin Moss –
You really can’t go wrong with this cross body bag. So many options to choose from it’s limitless to what you can create!
Thank you so much Devin! 🙂
Jennifer Slack –
So many options and two sizes- it is the perfect go to clutch. I think I have made a dozen in the last couple of months. Lisa’s directions are easy to follow and she really goes that extra mile to make you feel confident!
Katherine Beckwith –
I loved that this pattern was extremely easy to understand and that I could choose from a multitude of pattern options to make this clutch personalized.
eal01 (verified owner) –
A versatile pattern with easy to follow instructions have made 3 so far. I will make more.Bv5U
julesabb58 (verified owner) –
This was the second Andrie Designs pattern I have made. A little more challenging than the first but still super easy instructions to follow. Also so much online help when I needed. Gave me such a boost in confidence to know I made it. Thanks Lisa
csurdick (verified owner) –
Love the pattern with all the option to choose from.