Yes, you read right… I’m starting a blog…! Not one that I write and post to every day, or every week or even every month… Just every now and again if I feel I have something worth sharing with you… 🙂
This concept of ‘writing a blog’ is very new to me, let me tell you. Yes, I’ve perused other peoples blogs from time to time, and considered joining this magical world of ‘blogtopia’ for a while now… But have never really felt the need… Until now…
I have a couple of quick little tutorials I want to share with you. Nothing exciting and nothing innovative and completely brand new (what is, in this day and age, really…?), but a few techniques and processes I use to create different *things* (more to be revealed later).
I’m also putting a few things in place ready for when I run my first ever sew along in my patterns group on Facebook – and yes, by me writing it here, it is confirmation that yes, there will be a sew along for the Hang About Toiletry Bag! Woohoo!!!
If you have been wanting to make the Hang About Toiletry Bag but have been unsure about the difficulty of the pattern etc., have no fear! Throughout the sew along I will step you through each, err, step (well, duh! 😀 ) and together we WILL succeed! I know many of my customers would like to make some as Christmas gifts so best jump in and get started! (Well, in a few weeks anyway…)
It seems this year is a year of many firsts for me –
- First time purchasing a domain and setting up my own website
- First time writing a blog post
- First time using Photoshop Elements (as I type this, I’m waiting for my photos to be imported into Elements Organiser… It’s taking a while as I seem to have a fair few photos!)
- First time participating in a collaboration with a couple of fantastic fellow bag PDF designers (RLR Creations and Little Moo Designs)
- First time being featured in One Thimble digital e-zine
- And probably many more I’ve forgotten as well!
If you’ve read this far – congratulations! I promise future blog posts will be much more exciting and useful than this one… 😀 But for now, tell me – what would YOU like to see me blog about???
Until next time, happy sewing! Lisa 🙂