Introducing the Mini Shades Pouch by Andrie Designs! This is an easy to follow sewing pattern designed to step you through creating a beautifully pieced pouch (which looks far more complicated than it really is!). The outer front panel is constructed with a series of beautifully curved pieces, allowing you to play around with a collection of coordinating (or contrasting!) fabrics.
OR! Why not make a plain front pouch using the outer back pattern piece for an even easier (and faster!) sew! This pattern makes up beautifully and will quickly become your go-to for last minute gift ideas!
The Mini Shades Pouch features a simple magnetic closure, a detachable cross body strap (using super-cute 3/4″ (19mm) hardware!), and a smaller overall finished size when compared to the Shades of Yesterday Tote Bag.
This pattern comes with two files – the pattern instructions/pieced pattern pages, and a large print pattern pieces file suitable for printing at your local print shop on the correct sized paper. It has 7 pages of clear, detailed instructions. It is suitable for an advanced beginner sewer. All pattern pieces have been digitally drawn. Wary of zippers? Don’t be! Throughout the pattern I give detailed and comprehensive instructions and diagrams to make adding the zipper an easy and stress-free experience.
The finished size of the Mini Shades Pouch is as follows:
- Width – 6″ (15cm)
- Height – 8″ (20cm)
- Depth – 1″ (2.5cm)
- Outer Front Pieces A-F (i.e. quilting cotton; see breakdown below) – total of 20″ x 12″ (51cm x 30cm)
- Outer Back (i.e. quilting cotton) – 8″ x 10″ (20cm x 25cm)
- Outer Gusset, Strap & Strap Connectors (i.e. quilting cotton) – 1/4yd (23cm)
- Zipper Pocket & Lining (i.e. quilting cotton) – 3/8yd (35cm)
- Fusible Fleece (i.e. Pellon Thermolam 971F, Vilene H640) – 22″ x 12″ (56cm x 30cm)
- Medium Weight Fusible Interfacing (i.e. Pellon Shapeflex SF101, Legacy Shapeflex L-SF101) – 1/2yd (46cm), based on a 40″ (100cm) width
- Firm Fusible Stabilizer (i.e. Pellon’s Peltex #71F, Legacy #71F) – 1 1/2″ x 3″ (4cm x 8cm)
- 1 Magnetic Snap – 3/4″ (19mm) size
- 2 D-Rings, 2 Swivel Hooks, 1 Slider –3/4″ (19mm) size
- 1 Coordinating Dress Zipper – 5″ (13cm) long
- Coordinating thread, scissors and general sewing supplies including fabric glue/tape.
Fabric Required for Outer Front Pieces A-F (width x height):
- A – 4″ x 8″ (10cm x 20cm)
- B – 5″ x 9″ (13cm x 23cm)
- C – 5″ x 10″ (13cm x 25cm)
- D – 5″ x 10″ (13cm x 25cm)
- E – 5″ x 10″ (13cm x 25cm)
- F – 4″ x 10″ (10cm x 25cm)
You can purchase the hardware kit for this pattern from Betty Box Pleat and Bobbin Girl.
Andrie Designs Copyright 2017
All Rights Reserved
– Do not copy this pattern, claim as your own or allow others to use it.
– This pattern may be used for personal and small businesses producing limited quantities only.
There are no reviews yet.