USD $7.48 – USD $10.49
An easy to follow sewing pattern to create your very own Mini Shades Pouch. This darling mini version of the full-sized Shades of Yesterday Tote Bag may look familiar at first glance, but that’s where the similarities to the tote bag end.
Featuring a simple magnetic closure, a detachable cross body strap (using super-cute ¾” (19mm) hardware!), and a smaller overall finished size, the Mini Shades Pouch is a quick and easy sew, making it perfect for last minute gift ideas or simply for yourself!
Introducing the Mini Shades Pouch by Andrie Designs! This is an easy to follow sewing pattern designed to step you through creating a beautifully pieced pouch (which looks far more complicated than it really is!). The outer front panel is constructed with a series of beautifully curved pieces, allowing you to play around with a collection of coordinating (or contrasting!) fabrics.
OR! Why not make a plain front pouch using the outer back pattern piece for an even easier (and faster!) sew! This pattern makes up beautifully and will quickly become your go-to for last minute gift ideas!
The Mini Shades Pouch features a simple magnetic closure, a detachable cross body strap (using super-cute ¾” (19mm) hardware!), and a smaller overall finished size when compared to the Shades of Yesterday Tote Bag.
This pattern comes with two files – the pattern instructions/pieced pattern pages, and a large print pattern pieces file suitable for printing at your local print shop on the correct sized paper. It has 7 pages of clear, detailed instructions. It is suitable for an advanced beginner sewer. All pattern pieces have been digitally drawn. Wary of zippers? Don’t be! Throughout the pattern I give detailed and comprehensive instructions and diagrams to make adding the zipper an easy and stress-free experience.
The finished size of the Mini Shades Pouch is as follows:
- Width – 6” (15cm)
- Height – 8” (20cm)
- Depth – 1” (2.5cm)
- Outer Front Pieces A-F (i.e. quilting cotton; see breakdown below) – total of 20” x 12” (51cm x 30cm)
- Outer Back (i.e. quilting cotton) – 8” x 10” (20cm x 25cm)
- Outer Gusset, Strap & Strap Connectors (i.e. quilting cotton) – 1/4yd (23cm)
- Zipper Pocket & Lining (i.e. quilting cotton) – 3/8yd (35cm)
- Fusible Fleece (i.e. Pellon Thermolam 971F, Vilene H640) – 22” x 12” (56cm x 30cm)
- Medium Weight Fusible Interfacing (i.e. Pellon Shapeflex SF101, Legacy Shapeflex L-SF101) – 1/2yd (46cm), based on a 40” (100cm) width
- Firm Fusible Stabilizer (i.e. Pellon’s Peltex #71F, Legacy #71F) – 1½” x 3” (4cm x 8cm)
- 1 Magnetic Snap – ¾” (19mm) size
- 2 D-Rings, 2 Swivel Hooks, 1 Slider – ¾” (19mm) size
- 1 Coordinating Dress Zipper – 5” (13cm) long
- Coordinating thread, scissors and general sewing supplies including fabric glue/tape.
Fabric Required for Outer Front Pieces A-F (width x height):
- A – 4” x 8” (10cm x 20cm)
- B – 5” x 9” (13cm x 23cm)
- C – 5” x 10” (13cm x 25cm)
- D – 5” x 10” (13cm x 25cm)
- E – 5” x 10” (13cm x 25cm)
- F – 4” x 10” (10cm x 25cm)
Andrie Designs Copyright 2017
All Rights Reserved
– Do not copy this pattern, claim as your own or allow others to use it.
– This pattern may be used for personal and small businesses producing limited quantities only.