Introducing the Bree’s Box Toiletry Caddy – Comprehensive Video Class by Andrie Designs! This classy, yet practical, toiletry caddy has been designed to be dual purpose. Initially, it is a generously sized toiletry bag to transport all your toiletry needs. Once at your accommodation, it can be used as a handy toiletry caddy to keep all your toiletries organised and easily accessible while away from home!
~ The Bree’s Box Toiletry Caddy pattern was first featured in the May 2018 issue of the Australian Magazine ‘Homespun’ (click here) ~
The Bree’s Box Toiletry Caddy features two outer handles, stitched together across the centre for easy griping and transportation. It has three mesh pockets around the outside of the caddy which are perfect for storing smaller items such as make up brushes, combs, your tooth brush, medicine strips etc. once you arrive at your destination and are setting up your caddy.
On the inside, there is a small zipper pocket on the inside of the lid which is perfect for storing small items such as hair ties, medicine, pocket mirror etc. By leaning the lid up against the mirror or wall next to the vanity, you will have access to this pocket at all times. There is also a larger zipper pocket in the main compartment which is perfect for storing creams, tubes of ointment and so forth.
~ This design is also available as a stand alone pattern! Click HERE to find out more! ~
Throughout the class, I will step you through how to assemble each and every component of the Bree’s Box Toiletry Caddy pattern, including how to sew some of the trickier parts as well. PLEASE NOTE: the pattern and pattern pieces are NOT included with the class; you will need to purchase these separately by choosing the preferred option from the drop down box above.
Total class length is 2 hours, 23 minutes.
The finished size of the Bree’s Box Toiletry Caddy is as follows:
- Width – 10″ (25cm)
- Height – 5 3/4″ (15cm)
- Depth – 5 3/4″ (15cm)
- Outer Panels (i.e. quilting cotton) – 3/8yd (35cm)
- Outer Pockets (i.e. By Annie’s mesh fabric) – 21” x 5” (53cm x 12cm)
- Lining & Inner Zipper Pocket (i.e. laminated cotton or PUL) – 3/8yd (35cm)
- Handles, Handle Connectors, Lid Zipper Pocket & Fabric for piping/straight strip trim (i.e. quilting cotton) – 1/2yd (46cm)
- By Annie’s Soft and Stable Foam Interfacing (or equivalent foam) – 21” x 20” (53cm x 50cm)
- Medium Weight Fusible Interfacing (i.e. Pellon Shapeflex SF101, Legacy Shapeflex L-SF101) – 1/2yd (46cm) based on a 40” (100cm) width
- Cotton Cording – 3/32” size (2.5mm)/size 00 (or the equivalent of premade piping) – 30” (76cm)
- 4 D-Rings – 1¼” (3cm) size
- Coordinating Zippers – 2 long pull zippers (to make 1 double pull zipper) OR 1 premade double pull zipper – 26” (66cm) long, and 2 dress zippers for zipper pockets – 6” & 8” (15cm & 20cm) long
- Coordinating thread, scissors and general sewing supplies including fabric glue/tape.
Total class length is 2 hours, 23 minutes.
You can purchase the hardware kit for this pattern Betty Box Pleat.
Andrie Designs Copyright 2018
All Rights Reserved
– Do not copy this pattern, claim as your own or allow others to use it.
– This pattern may be used for personal and small businesses producing limited quantities only.
kcboof (verified owner) –
Saw this pattern in Homespun and WOW had to make it. Purchased the video and it was just great, it made making this bag a breeze. There is a lot of information and tricks on how to make everything for this bag e.g. ironing the straps, sounds simple but the way Andrie irons these is so much quicker and better. With this video my Caddy turned out so professional looking friends thought I had bought from a shop. This video is a must one will enjoy it so much.
rv6vhasf (verified owner) –
The video shows clearly all the steps in making the bag, plus useful tips and techniques that taught me new skills I can apply to other projects. The production quality of the video is excellent – the camera view of the project is always clear, and Lisa makes sure that the viewer can see what she is doing.
Ella Purves (verified owner) –
Delighted with my purchase, really pleased I bought the video class as that made it very clear how to make it. Will be looking at further designs.